Rutgers SNAP Challenge Week
So this week, I decided to try the Rutgers SNAP Challenge, which is a way for college students to roughly mimic how millions of low-income families have to live every day. The challenge is to eat under $4.50 per day from this Monday to Friday and then to post your experiences on social media. The official rules and my videos will follow, but thanks for all the support and feel free to comment below!
SNAP Challenge Rules
- Each person should spend only $4.50 per day on food, drinks, and snacks.
- ALL food purchased and eaten throughout the week will be counted in total spending including dining out.
- Do NOT accept and eat free food from family, friends, and coworkers since these opportunities are not available to those in need.
- Eat as healthy as possible.
- Track your progress by recording a video of yourself with the Questions of the Day. Post your experience on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media using #SNAPChallenge or #CSAW14